Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Everybody Loves Languages (ELL) combines over two decades of language learning content with state-of-the-art technology that enables educators to deliver personalized learning experiences in classrooms and online. ELL offers a diverse selection of education programs and advanced Learning and Student Management Systems (LMS) for K-12, higher education and corporates. ELL‘s learning ecosystem leads the language education industry with fullsupport to teachers’ pedagogies, resulting in tangible achievements for any student learning a new language.
With a mission to build a multilingual world using the best technologies and language learning methodologies, our team’s international experience culminates in our product development and service offerings with educational backgrounds that span from Europe to South America to Asia, providing a consultative approach to our customer needs.
About the role
The Software Engineering Team Lead will be responsible for the general direction of the company’s technical portfolio. Acting as the technical face of the organization, while working closely with clients, sales teams and account managers, you will keep abreast the corporate technology road map while accounting for new requirements accrued while onboarding new clients. You will manage both in house direct reports as well as off shore service providers in maintaining both legacy solutions and building the company’s future infrastructure and platform.
What you will be doing
- Interfacing with clients, sales, account managers and other nontechnical staff to elicit new feature requirements
- Define how integrating new requirements will augment and shape the current software portfolio
- Recommend best practice approaches to solving technical challenges.
- Provide leadership to your direct reports and keep them on task in delivering on time, and within budget and scope.
- Interface with product designers and advise of technical limitation or challenges which may interfere with the product design.
- Perform hands on root cause analysis, triage and development in support of maintaining delivery timelines
What you bring
- Post-secondary education in a technical or engineering field. Advanced degree is an asset.
- 5 years or more experience in developing web applications. Enterprise web applications experience is a great asset.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage rapidly evolving priorities simultaneously and a proven ability to deliver in a fast paced environment.
- Strong problem solving skill and an acumen towards thinking outside the box to provide multipleoptions for solving complex integration requirements.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, as well as demonstrated tenacity and persistence, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Experience leading teams of software developers and QA.
- Strong knowledge on database design.
- Experience in Grails or Java is an asset.
- Nice to have – experience in the edTech industry
If you feel you have the skills and experience for this position, please consider applying below:
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role as per the essential skills, experience and qualifications listed above